Posted by Linda's Larder on June 15, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Hello, and welcome to the third helping of Linda's Larder.
I hope you are all enjoying the recipes so far, and aren't finding them to difficult to follow. As I said in my first blog post, don't feel you have to stick to the ingredients in these recipes. Be adventurous, and use your own ideas. That is what makes a good cook!
This week's recipe is a specialty of mine, and is a firm favourite around my kitchen table. Three years ago, I went to Italy on my holidays and fell in love with Italian cuisine. The textures, smells and tastes of Italian food are all so rich and tasty. While on holidays, I ordered a creamy cajun chicken tagliatelle dish for dinner one evening. It was delicious, and I really liked the fusion of Inidian food with Italian. This recipe is my own interpretation of that dish.
Linda's Creamy Cajun Chicken Tagliatelle
Ingredients (This will make enough for two people)
2 Chicken Breasts covered in Cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 onion thinly sliced
1-2 cups whipped cream
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon basil (dried or fresh)
1 garlic clove,crushed
4 tblspoon sun dried tomatoes
Tagliatelle pasta for two people
1. Cover pan with Olive Oil and place over medium heat.
2. Cut chicken into thin strips and place onto pan. Leave chicken for 5-7 minutes until tender
3. Place tagliatelle in boiling water, and cook for 10 minutes.
4. While tagliatelle is cooking, Add onions, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, salt, black pepper, basil and whipped cream to chicken. Heat until cooked through over a low heat.
5. Drain tagliatelle when a la dente, and place in bowl
6. Pour creamy cajun chicken over tagliatelle