Our List of Heroes
27 Sep 2016
A lot of you have been giving us a lot of help recently. We couldn't do what we do for our service users without your support. You are truly heroes! In no particular order, we would like to say a warm and heartfelt thank you to:
- Electric Picnic for their generous dontation following our debut at this year's festival.
- Energia for their continuing support.
- Limerick Lions Club (city area) who ran a table quiz on 24th February and Limerick Lions Club (county area) who are running a table quiz on 4th March
- Ger O’Connell in Caherconlish who organised a Darts competition
- Charleville Golf Club for hosting the Limerick Golf Classic– Organised by Dan Garry and Tony Connolly
- Suir Vale Harriers who raised 1800 Euro
- Eoin Cahill who raised almost €10,000 in a charity football match and also the Clontarf Marathon.
- Adare Manor Golf Club, ladies society who contributed 500 Euro
- Johnson and Johnson raised over 1,200 Euro
- Wings Golf Society who donated 1,000 Euro
- All the families who participated in the Cork Evening Echo ladies mini marathon in September
- St. Colemans School who ran a 5K walk in aid of Headway
- All the clients, families and supporters from other agencies who participated in the 1K for kindness
- Jenny Galvin, all the clients, families, staff and supporters who helped make our dress auction a huge success
- The FAI , Snap On Diagnostics, The Scully family, Ballincollig fire Station, Eileen Murphy, Eileen Cogan and family for their donations
- Ciarán Nolan, Elaine Kelly and the 1escape Spinathon team for their spin class fundraiser in 1escape gym, Smithfield.
- The Equniox cycle team (and Ronan in particular for his unstinting support) who cycled all the way across Ireland to support us and Temple Street
- JP McManus whose generous support has enabled us to develop a fit-for-purpose premises in Limerick
- The RaboDirect Tour de Picnic who supported us so well at Electric Picnic
- The Irish Simmental Association who hosted us so generously at the National Ploughing Championships and shared the proceeds from their charity raffle with us and Crumlin Childrens' Hospital
- The KBCBrightIdeas fund for helping us to develop our new mens' shed project in Cork
- The Health Services Staff Credit Union for their generous donation of €2,500
Thanks also to everyone who bought our promotional items from Christmas cards, calendars and shoe laces, to the POBAL Dormant Accounts Fund which allowed us to provide the family carers involved in our services with a range of workshops across Cork, Dublin, Kilkenny and Limerick and to the Arts council in Cork County Council for their support.
Don't forget there are lots of fun ways you can raise funds for our brain injury services. Can you take up the challenge? Find out more at www.headway.ie/support/blog comments powered by Disqus