Vocational Training Programme (Limerick, Cork)
The Vocational Training Programme is a step up from the rehabilitation training programme for people who want to achieve certification and pursue options available to them such as returning to work, community schemes and initiatives or further education.
Clients participating in these courses are hoping to use the skills gained to get back on the job ladder, add a qualification to their CV’s and gain an understanding of what their options are following completion of their studies. If this type of programme doesn't fit your needs, we have a more individually tailored service for people looking to access local community facilities, including employment opportunities and volunteering.
What is the aim of the Programme?
- Equip clients with the personal and practical skills to move into education or employment.
- Empower clients to develop personal effectiveness and self advocacy skills with regard to work matters
- Foster independence by developing skills relevant to employment and further education
The programme is structured into a series of modules which are being constantly reviewed for their relevance to clients' needs and updated as necessary. Examples of the modules include:
- Cognitive Rehabilitation (Brain Injury Management)
- Health and Fitness
- Communications (FETAC Level 3 & 4)
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Information Technology (FETAC Level 3 & 4)
- Work Experience, (FETAC Level 3 & 4)
- Career Preparation
- Personal Effectiveness in the Workplace(FETAC Level 3 & 4)
- Personal and Interpersonal Skills
- Literacy and Numeracy (FETAC Level 3 & 4)
- Food and Nutrition (FETAC Level 3 & 4)
- Art Technique (FETAC Level 3 & 4)
- Art & Design (FETAC Level 3 & 4)
- Drama, (FETAC Level 3 & 4)
- Healthy Living (FETAC)
Not all modules are available in each location, so check with your local centre for more details, or contact our Information and Support Service
How long does it run for?
The Vocational programme in Limerick is a 2 year programme and in Cork runs over a six month period. The programme is funded by FAS and offers FETAC certification level 3 to 5 minor and major awards. Each client develops a certification/vocational plan and has an opportunity to sample work experience placements and or courses. The programme is tailored to meet individual needs where possible for example some clients may need assistive technology or literacy support.