Personal Stories and Videos
This is our selection of personal experiences and stories of recovery and hope following brain injury by brain injury survivors.
Valerie's Story - Recovery from Viral Infection
When she was 17, Valerie succumbed to a mystery viral infection which was never identified. It did however, leave her with a brain injury and some long term consequences. Read her story here
"Never give up - that's the big one - Because I never did"
"When I was knocked down, three nice ladies found me half dead at the side of the road..."
"Look After Yourself" - Martina's Story
Have you got a story to share?
If you would like to share your story in writing or in video, we'd be delighted to hear from you, contact us to let us know.
Personal Stories are categorised under the following headings:-
- Living with Brain Injury #8 - Robyn
- "Art is My Passion" - Jenny's Story
- Living with Brain Injury #4 - Toddy
- Living with Brain Injury #7 - Jim
- Una's Story (Audio)
- Living with Brain Injury #3 - Oonagh
- Know Me Before You Judge Me
- Living with Brain Injury #1 - Lars
- More than three words - Eddie's story
- Living with Brain Injury #5 - Tony
- Kieran's Story
- Living with Brain Injury #2 - Gilly
- Living with Brain Injury #6 - Tom
Written accounts by carers
Written accounts by survivors
- Climb Every Mountain - Catherine's Story
- Brainstem Cavernoma - A Stroke Survivor's Perspective
- My Story, My Promise, by Warren
- Alan's Story
- Forward Focus - Ronan's story
- A Positive Outlook
- "Headway has given me back my life" - Joan's Story
- My Story by Jim Hegarty
- Nicky's Story
- Onwards and Upwards
- Jim's Story
- Julieann's Story
- Accident - by Aidan
- Valerie's story - Recovery from Viral Infection