Please Spread the Word - Send This Page On
How you can bring positive change to people affected by Acquired Brain Injury
1) Run For Headway
Glen Power, drummer with chart topping band, The Script, is urging supporters to run for Headway in the various Marathons that are taking place. Find out why in this short clip:
It's easy to set up a fundraising page on Mycharity.ie and ask your friends to sponsor, and if you register with us, we will supply your T-shirts, sponsorship forms and plenty of encouragement!. Check out our Marathons section for up to date listings of events and how to participate.
We rely on support through fundraising to address the shortfall in our funding from state sources. All the money we raise through fundraising goes to local service provision for people affected by brain injury. We desperately need extra funds to make sure we can provide the right support services to meet our clients' needs.For example:
- €40 Pays for a half hour session of speech and language therapy
- €60 Pays for a counselling session for a family member
- €0.50 Helps us produce and delivers an information sheet on brain injury
- €10 pays for the cost of a helpline call to our information and support service
Please Donate now through our website - no special account needed, just a credit card number. Alternatively, you can:
- Make a cheque, bank draft or postal order payable to Headway and send c/o Fundraising to our Dublin Office
- Drop into your local bank and donate to Headway Ireland Limited
Allied Irish Bank Sort Code: 93-34-06
Account Number: 40534408
3) Spread the Word - Even The Most Familiar Things Can be a Puzzle
One of the biggest challenges you can help us with is raising awareness about brain injury. Take a look at this video which was created for our TV advertising campaign:
Please send it to three friends via email, with this link in the body (you can use the email icon at the top right of the page also):
The more people that see this page, the more we can increase the awareness of the consequences of brain injury, and the services that are available to help.
Here is a second ad that was created for the TV campaign:
We also have a range of fundraising suggestions for individuals and companies. Contact our fundraiser at (01) 810 2066. We rely on fundraising and volunteers to bridge the gap between our funding from the HSE and other state sources.
Charity Number: CHY 7417